Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Roatan Hondurus

April 1, 2017







My 1st International trip as Miss Teen Utah International:

What an amazing adventure. Roatan is a place that most people wouldn't describe as somewhere they would want to stay for too long but to me it was one of the most beautiful places I'd ever seen. Not because of the islands beauty itself but because of the beauty of the people that call Roatan their home. Most live in A-frame houses with no doors, windows, televisions, x-box etc. They live a simple life with very few wordly possessions. They have each other and that is enough. They live by the golden rule and I admire that. The children play outside mostly fishing or playing in the ocean and the parents were right there with them. What an important thing this is. Family is so important and I see a lot of youth in the court system and at detention centers that say their parents are never around. I think parents feel like they are doing their children a favor by working so much so they can give their children everything they want but in reality the kids just want to be with their parents and to know they are loved. I am so grateful that even though my mom is a nurse she always found jobs that would allow her to be with my siblings and I and fortunately my dad has a job that allows him to be flexible to our needs and wants. I value that so much. It plays a huge role in my emotional stability. I know because I felt that love I am able to love. This is why the people of Roatan are such giving people. They are truly happy.

I really hope and pray to become Miss Teen International and I know if it's Gods will it will be. But I know for 1 thing, With or without an International title my Goal is to return to Roatan on a humanitarian mission to help set up programs to educate the youth there. I have a feeling I will learn a lot from them as well.





















My Crazy Momma!





              My Cute Dad





                          Jayger

                           Jayden




Jayce



the best friends a girl could ask for💗

this beautiful bird was one of the many cool wildlife animals we were able to play with!
also, sloths! sloths are so sweet and will just totally cuddle up to you. their fur did not feel anything like I thought it would!

but my personal favorite, MONKEYS!!! I am completely obsessed with monkeys, and one day I hope to have a capuchin monkey as a pet
everyone said that spider-monkeys are mean, but as soon as I walked by, this sweet little guy reached his hand out and wanted to hold my hand, and then he gave me a hug with his tail!
this group is one of the reasons this trip was so fun! So thankful for all the people I have in my life

No comments:

Post a Comment