Sunday, July 23, 2017

Charity Miles-Join my team!

February 2017

I have always loved rollerblading. In fact I have been doing it since I was about 4 mo. old.. How you ask? Well, ok I wasn't technically doing the rollerblading, My mom was. but she would push me in the stroller or put me in one of those little apparatuses that attaches to the back of the bike and rollerblade along the river. Since then I don't think a week has gone by where we haven't gone rollerblading together. In the last few years it's a daily thing. We even took them on the plane with us when we went to Hawaii and we would get up every morning and rollerblade along the ocean trail.









I'm so thankful that she did this with me because it has instilled so many good lifelong habits.
I developed a love for exercise at a young age.
I have a true connection with nature and being outdoors.
I had the chance to be with my mom 1 on 1 (which is not always easy with 6 children).
I realized as a future mom it's important to involve your kids in your life.
My mom could've dropped me off at the gym day care every morning but she knew it was important to lead by example and not only teach me but how exercising and staying heart healthy can be enjoyable.
Because of my dedication and love for exercise I am leading by example as an ambassador for Go Red for women. The International systems National platform.







A few years ago I found a way to enjoy rollerblading while donating to charity. On an App called Charity Miles, I created a team called "MissTeenUtahIntl2017" For every mile my team walks or runs $.04 is donated to the charity of their choice. As of right now I have recruited 15 members and we have logged in almost 1,000 miles. I want to be able to say I raised $2,000 by the end of my year of reign as Miss Teen Utah Intl but in order for me to reach that goal I'm going to need a lot of help. So get to it!! Take the challenge. It's so easy and it will make you feel so good knowing you are making a difference. It even motivates me when I don't feel like doing much. I look at those miles adding up and I keep going. Also I'll be honest being "slightly" competitive can be good sometimes and this is one of those times. Lets just say I like to see that I have made the biggest difference :) So just download the App, join my team and challenge me.



No comments:

Post a Comment